Friday 30 January 2015

What's Up With My Love Life?!




The current state of my love life can be described in two words hot and mess. I constantly find myself getting involved with or attached to emotionally unavailable girls. There were girls around and in my life, but with none of them had things really worked out. Whenever I reach home after going out with a girl, 'What the fuck!?’ Dating was just so stressful because it wasn’t happening, I mean, your job should be stressful, not dating.

Many times I wish and wish for the right person to come into life. I don’t seem to understand why it’s not working out with others. The challenge is, when something better does come along, to not run away. After years of disappointment, heart break and unhappy endings, it can be very easy to close down on real love. No matter what, don’t’ let that happen.

Nobody likes being blown off. Over the course of going out with girls, I have been broken up with and rejected before I could figure If something will happen or not. I am not here to talk about those ego blows we take when we stick our necks out to meet someone new.

I’m talking about the unexpected hits we take when meeting a woman, things are progressing and, suddenly, without warning, when she decides to blow off, of course, blown off by someone after a few dates by not returning calls or texts, Yeah I know there are ways to manage these situations, but often end up being confused wondering, Wasn’t it going well? What the hell happened?

Breaking up with someone after only a few dates is like firing someone you haven’t hired yet. It’s awkward, it feels almost unnecessary at times sounds weird too. if you’re single. Sometimes it only takes a few dates to realize she’s not right for you.

This heinous act of cowardice is basically what happens when you don't hear from the person you have been dating. I always just referred to it as the disappearing act. Actually, it occurred to me that it had happened to me in the not too distant past, and it had left me confused & wondering.

I already had many discussions with one of my friend about this issue which happens most of the time with me, and I always come back to a conclusion: when she decides to blow off, Don't ever contact her unless she does. I know its not easy at times, Silence is the easy way out, but it may come back to haunt later.



No comments:

Post a Comment